ok, so dreaming about a greek salad seems silly, but i do. growing up in atlanta we went to mellow mushroom pizza a lot. after 9 years of living in nyc i don’t crave the pizza as much as i used too (sorry mellow mushroom, nyc wins), but i do crave their greek salad and their esperanza dressing. after some digging around online and slight tweaking, the below recipe is about as close to perfect as it gets (and i am pretty sure my version is a bit healthier!). enjoy!
while neither nate nor i are golfers, we decided we should give the kids the opportunity to try their hand at the putting greens–we were at trump national doral afterall (home to the blue monster golf course). they got all dolled up in golf apparel too, which was pretty adorable.
alexa and hayden’s personalities really come out in competitive environments. alexa is determined and focused. she is actually quite competitive and gets pretty upset if she meet her target! hayden, on the other hand, is super chill. he is actually a bit more athletically inclined, but he is very relaxed and enjoys making sure others are watching him as much as he enjoys playing the game. Continue Reading…
i think this may be the first time alexa and i have ever worn the same clothes. i have never been big on mini me fashion, but when it comes to beach cover ups i am on board. i love my kirshna tunic by joie and i am so glad they made a pint sized one for alexa too!
it is a rare occasion that i get to fully blend work, family and a little vacation together, but a week ago i was able to do just that! as the creative director at ivanka trump i am often working on photo shoots for the brand. katie (the art director on my team, and one of my super close friends) and i decided that trump national doral was calling our name for our summer campaign shoot. if you follow me, ivanka or katie on instagram than you probably know that nate does most of our photo shoots (i feel pretty lucky to be married to such a talented photographer that i get to work with on the job as well). since we all would be down in miami for the shoot i thought i would take the opportunity to bring the kids and our nanny, norma, as well. Continue Reading…
rachel is one of those moms that make being a mom, wife, friend and entrepreneur seem effortless. she is impossibly chic (especially while sporting her beautiful baby bump!) and is the founder of cricket’s circle–possibly the best mom site on the internet… period. cricket’s circle is a simpler, easier, more honest way to shop for baby, but also an amazing content destination for inspiring and inspired moms.
i recently spent a creative and yummy morning at her home with a couple other inspiring mamas and their kids. we decorated pretzel sticks–it was a blast and made for adorable and colorful photos. not sure who had more fun, the kids or us moms. Continue Reading…
nate and i are huge advocates of healthy eating… we believe in buying local and organic as much as possible and we believe good food is one of the best investments we can make for us and for our children. we also believe that the more we as a society demand higher quality foods, the more the supply will increase and hopefully some day the costs will go down. as a new yorker, it feels very mainstream to eat local and organic, but the second you leave and go to other cities and smaller towns you realize it is still not the status quo.
recently ivanka had her friend and certified health coach, maria marlowe stop by our office to give our team a lesson in how to shop healthy at a grocery store. it’s funny because before she arrived i had thought that i already knew a lot of what she would say and that it would be good to have a refresher–i was already pretty good at shopping healthy… i had once been vegetarian and vegan after all (before kids!). well, within the first 10 minutes of her chat i realized i still had so much to learn.
maria took us to whole foods and went isle by isle telling us how and how not to shop. i took so many notes that i came home and talked nate’s ear off about our eating habits for the rest of the night! maria had so much amazing info and insight… from how to pick the perfect avocado to noting some “healthy” foods that weren’t so healthy afterall.
so, i asked maria if she would put together some easy to follow tips for healthy family eating and she kindly obliged. hope you enjoy these as much as we did! Continue Reading…
it’s hard to choose a favorite memory… i was telling nate that i feel so blessed because we have so many great memories that it was hard to think of just one. i decided to choose a memory that was really special to me because it was, in a way, a fusion of the old me and the new “mom” version of me. i’ve written about it before, but a moment in time that i cherish is when we took alexa to paris when she was 3 months old. i am so passionate about travel and adventure and was determined to make that a part of our parenting journey. taking a trip with a 3 month old to paris (plus a pit stop in belgium) officially checked that off the list. we didn’t have a lot of money at the time so we stayed way off the beaten path in a 3 story walk up with a lofted bed so to say it was an adventure is an understatement. we walked the streets of paris with alexa in a sling or in her snap n’ go. we took her to the tuilleries, to the tour eiffel, to sacre coeur, to notre dame and to the last stage of the tour de france. it was magical and a memory that i will forever be thankful for.
yesterday i had such a lovely morning. i was invited to a celebratory breakfast of the collaboration between rebecca minkoff and christy turlington-burns in honor of christy’s non-profit, every mother counts. the organization is dedicated to making pregnancy and childbirth safe for mothers around the world. Continue Reading…
1. the bouqs – the most beautiful farm fresh flowers–who needs 1-800-flowers anymore!
2. vrai & oro bar bracelet with diamond in 14k yellow gold (with personalization) – this is my new obsession. i love simple pieces of jewelry that are sentimental and that you don’t have to take off. i wear a little id bracelet everyday that my grandmother made for alexa, now i have added this one with hayden’s birthdate in roman numerals and i am just in love with it. check out mine on instagram!
3. emoi emoi blue ‘maman cool ’embroidered sweatshirt – i have a couple of their sweatshirts and they are beautiful in quality and so adorable!
4. warby parker sunglasses – i love the new daydream collection… and in general am a huge fan of all warby glasses!
5. clos du bois closbrella gift set –designed by mara hoffman, this cute set would go nicely with a picnic in the park to celebrate mother’s day.
6. dr. schultz at home glycolic peel – this peel reduces signs of aging, dull skin discoloration and enlarged pores. sign me up! its a great kit for someone who doesn’t have time to go to get a monthly facial… i sadly fall into the if-i’m-lucky yearly facial category!
7. canyon ranch – i am dying to go here… either as a mom daughter trip or a relaxing getaway with nate. a week of exercise, massages and healthy food sounds so dreamy.
8. vitamix blender – if you are ok with a less “thoughtful” gift, this is a great option! it’s on my list of things i want… i am on a real health kick these days!
9. artifact uprising – woodblock with prints of the kids
alexa and i are so excited to be a part of AYR’s mother’s day campaign! i love their concept of using real moms through their website in celebration of mother’s day… and we had a lot of fun getting dolled up in the studio with them. Continue Reading…