whenever someone is having a baby–especially their first one–i always get asked for my list of must-have items. over the years some have changed and some have stayed the same. lately, i can’t imagine living without the below items! hope this helps any of you expecting mamas out there–you can always add a couple to your holiday wish list! xx!
1. halo bassinet (this my first time using this and i LOVE it. the best part is that it sits right up against my bed so i can peek at the baby anytime. the swivel works really well too for when i have to pop out of bed.)
2. dock-a-tot (my new baby savior! seriously, best thing ever for a newborn!)
3. aden & anais swaddle blankets (i have 12 and seriously could still use more… they are the only blankets i will use)
4. skip hop onesies (these are awesome because of the way they snap open and you don’t have to squeeze a crying newborns head through–my babies do not like to be changed!)
5. weekend skinny sweatpants (i live in these right now–they still look cool enough to go out in so i don’t feel bad about being in sweatpants at all!)
6. s’well water bottle (nursing is HARD and requires lots of water and food, so be ready to attach a water bottle to your hip because you won’t have any free hands!)
7. dairy fairy (i’m not sure if its these supplements, but i have been taking them since rowan was born and i have had more luck breastfeeding this time than anytime before–and i had a REALLY hard time with alexa and hayden. i still can’t breastfeed exclusively, but i get to at every feeding and that is a first for me!)
8. state backpack and diaper insert ( i hate diaper bags, they are normally such a pain. i have switched to a backpack approach and i am loving it. i especially love my STATE bag because their mission is amazing. for every STATE bag purchased, STATE hand-delivers a backpack–packed with essential tools for success–to an american child in need)
9. bjorn bouncer (this has been on our must have list since day one–it is a life saver, even for when you just need to set the baby down to go to the bathroom!)
10. bugaboo bee (we love this stroller so much that we got our second one, after selling the first! not only is it a great city stroller because its so compact, but after using our first one for 3 years we sold it for almost what we bought it for!)
11. 7 a.m. enfant baby shield (this makes our stroller one big cozy cocoon, and when you have a newborn in the winter its so important to feel that they are warm and protected from the wintery weather.
12. baby sling (i’m really loving my new sling from sakura bloom. i have used many different ones–the ergo, the baby bjorn… but i like simple slings the best!)