nate and i celebrated our birthdays this july… how funny is it that there are 3 cancer babies in our family… my brother, sister-in-law and nephew are july babies too.
this year nate and i thought it could be fun to have a little roof top gathering with a small group of friends. nate captured the evening beautifully. (special thanks to megan for the killer balloons!)
we got a keg, because we thought that would be a funny throw back to our college days and i made a really yummy dark & stormy for the party, it was a hit… i’m not always very good at following recipes, so i made my own up:
- get a cool drink dispenser, like this one or this one
- mix the following together:
- 6 pack of ginger beer
- 1/2 a handle of dark rum
- 1 cup of finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 cup cilantro
- 10 limes (add more if you want more tart flavor)
- 1-2 cup simple syrup (taste test to see how strong you want the drink to be)
i love how excited michaela is about the keg. i fully support her enthusiasm.
good times with good friends + yummy cocktails + ice cold beer + rosé on ice = the perfect celebration.