i’m pretty sure every parent in nyc cheered a little when they heard the abc carpet and home santa was back this year. last year they had announced his retirement, but they thankfully brought him back for 4 sundays this december! the lines have always been long, but this year was legit… and to top it off, nate took one for the team and took the kids on his own… Continue Reading…
i’m sure most of you have heard about FEED projects, but if not, check them out… especially worthwhile for gifting this time of year. it was started by lauren bush lauren with the simple idea of creating products that engage people in the fight against hunger. every product is stamped with the number of meals that are provided with its purchase–pretty great.
nate and i are big fans of FEED so we were especially thrilled to be a part of the launch of their mini feed bag for kids… as pictured on alexa in the photos within this post. be sure to check out the interview they did with us on the feed site… we think its pretty sweet. (also, a cool side note is that nate shoots for them quite a bit, check out some of his work here.) Continue Reading…
normally, it takes me a bit to gather images and document a trip, but i felt it necessary to immediately write about our adventure to germany because, if i didn’t, i would potentially forget/block from my memory some of the dirty details. for those of you who follow me on instagram you are probably thinking it was a dreamy getaway with family… some of you may even have thought what rockstars we were for taking on this adventure… well, sorry to say we had you fooled. not intentionally of course, but simply because i didn’t photograph the doctors visit, the 24 hour stomach viruses and all the chaotic travel scenarios. i kinda wish i would have at least documented it on snapchat, but the truth is i didn’t have enough hands to manage that or enough time between each scenario! so… here goes, our 2016 german adventure, in all its glory…. Continue Reading…
from our family to yours, merry christmas!
our kids love backpacks… i guess as a family on the go all the time it makes total sense. they need a way to always have their toys in tow. we were recently introduced to these amazing packs–for adults and for kids. they are from a brand called STATE. Continue Reading…
whenever someone is having a baby–especially their first one–i always get asked for my list of must-have items. over the years some have changed and some have stayed the same. lately, i can’t imagine living without the below items! hope this helps any of you expecting mamas out there–you can always add a couple to your holiday wish list! xx!
1. halo bassinet (this my first time using this and i LOVE it. the best part is that it sits right up against my bed so i can peek at the baby anytime. the swivel works really well too for when i have to pop out of bed.)
2. dock-a-tot (my new baby savior! seriously, best thing ever for a newborn!)
3. aden & anais swaddle blankets (i have 12 and seriously could still use more… they are the only blankets i will use)
4. skip hop onesies (these are awesome because of the way they snap open and you don’t have to squeeze a crying newborns head through–my babies do not like to be changed!)
5. weekend skinny sweatpants (i live in these right now–they still look cool enough to go out in so i don’t feel bad about being in sweatpants at all!)
6. s’well water bottle (nursing is HARD and requires lots of water and food, so be ready to attach a water bottle to your hip because you won’t have any free hands!)
7. dairy fairy (i’m not sure if its these supplements, but i have been taking them since rowan was born and i have had more luck breastfeeding this time than anytime before–and i had a REALLY hard time with alexa and hayden. i still can’t breastfeed exclusively, but i get to at every feeding and that is a first for me!)
8. state backpack and diaper insert ( i hate diaper bags, they are normally such a pain. i have switched to a backpack approach and i am loving it. i especially love my STATE bag because their mission is amazing. for every STATE bag purchased, STATE hand-delivers a backpack–packed with essential tools for success–to an american child in need)
9. bjorn bouncer (this has been on our must have list since day one–it is a life saver, even for when you just need to set the baby down to go to the bathroom!)
10. bugaboo bee (we love this stroller so much that we got our second one, after selling the first! not only is it a great city stroller because its so compact, but after using our first one for 3 years we sold it for almost what we bought it for!)
11. 7 a.m. enfant baby shield (this makes our stroller one big cozy cocoon, and when you have a newborn in the winter its so important to feel that they are warm and protected from the wintery weather.
12. baby sling (i’m really loving my new sling from sakura bloom. i have used many different ones–the ergo, the baby bjorn… but i like simple slings the best!)
even though we have a less than two week old, i insisted upon getting our christmas tree! it is my absolute favorite time of the year and i like to start celebrating as soon as the mace’s day parade ends. as i told the kids, once santa appears in the parade, christmas time officially begins! Continue Reading…
1. the bouqs – the most beautiful farm fresh flowers–who needs 1-800-flowers anymore!
2. vrai & oro bar bracelet with diamond in 14k yellow gold (with personalization) – this is my new obsession. i love simple pieces of jewelry that are sentimental and that you don’t have to take off. i wear a little id bracelet everyday that my grandmother made for alexa, now i have added this one with hayden’s birthdate in roman numerals and i am just in love with it. check out mine on instagram!
3. emoi emoi blue ‘maman cool ’embroidered sweatshirt – i have a couple of their sweatshirts and they are beautiful in quality and so adorable!
4. warby parker sunglasses – i love the new daydream collection… and in general am a huge fan of all warby glasses!
5. clos du bois closbrella gift set –designed by mara hoffman, this cute set would go nicely with a picnic in the park to celebrate mother’s day.
6. dr. schultz at home glycolic peel – this peel reduces signs of aging, dull skin discoloration and enlarged pores. sign me up! its a great kit for someone who doesn’t have time to go to get a monthly facial… i sadly fall into the if-i’m-lucky yearly facial category!
7. canyon ranch – i am dying to go here… either as a mom daughter trip or a relaxing getaway with nate. a week of exercise, massages and healthy food sounds so dreamy.
8. vitamix blender – if you are ok with a less “thoughtful” gift, this is a great option! it’s on my list of things i want… i am on a real health kick these days!
9. artifact uprising – woodblock with prints of the kids
it’s getting close to mother’s day and now is the time to start shopping! here are some ideas to inspire your gift giving this year!
1. revisit iphone 6 case – i am obsessed with mine. it’s made from solid brass and plastic so it seems pretty indestructible.. i’ve had it for almost a year and with two toddlers who get their hands on it, i’m pretty impressed with its durability!
2. alex & ani ‘mom’ bangle – my mom LOVES these bracelets! she stacks tons of them together!
3. jo malone london fragrance – i actually got this for my mom this year… and i’m not spoiling it for her, i was so excited to give her her favorite fragrance i sent it early! oops!
4. wanderlust & co frame diamond ring – a diamond ring might be over the top, but this is an adorable substitution!
5. i heart mom chocolates – each box includes: (6) milk chocolate letter cubes filled with peanut butter candy; (5) white chocolate “polka dots” filled with chocolate caramel and chocolate nougat; (5) dark chocolate “polka dots” filled with salted almonds and caramel. yummy!
6. ivanka trump arina slide sandal – this style is really on trend this spring! i love the color combo here… easy and chic!
7. rebecca minkoff julian fringe backpack – i have this bag and i am totally in love. gone are the days of the bag slipping off my shoulder. plus, it fits a lot more than you would think inside. the fringe makes it extra fun!
8. parker thatch travel bags with custom monogram – these are such a great gift and perfect for anyone who travels. i love keeping my items in bags when in a suitcase. keeps them clean and organized.
9. macrame hammock – maybe not for the city dweller–although a loft space could benefit from one of these–i think a hammock would go well with a day of undisturbed relaxation… just reading and napping all day. sounds like the perfect gift right?
10. best of tata harper skincare set – i love all tata harper products so i couldn’t pick just one to gift, this starter set is a great option!
11. fujifilm instax instant smart phone printer – i need one of these and so does my mom! she is always complaining about not being able to print her photos of the kids, this would solve that problem in a super fun and charming way!
i feel like its been ages since i have posted… and sadly, i am not going to do a full post quite yet. we just got back from atlanta this morning and i went straight to work and now i am back home watching celebrity apprentice for work and about to go to bed! i am so excited to post about our adventures in atlanta and in paris–especially paris! stay tuned for lots of posts coming up soon.
hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and happy new year! xx