i don’t know about you, but i love reading about people’s “must haves.” i am kind of a sucker for those pages in magazines and on blogs. i constantly have new things in my life that i love… things that either make my life easier or bring more enjoyment. i thought it might be fun to do my own series of must haves–and by that i mean, must haves for me–not the kids! just a quick snapshot of either things i am loving, or things i am needing asap! hope you enjoy the first installment!
1. ivanka trump mina bootie: if you follow me in social, then you have already seen these–i am clearly obsessed. i love a great short boot, they are much more versatile than tall boots in my opinion. i get so many compliments on these every time i wear them and they are super comfortable. (tip: they are currently on sale on nordstrom for $149.90 – such a steal!)
2. the handmaid’s tale, by margaret atwood: i am currently reading this on my morning commute and i am completely enthralled. atwood takes many societal trends that exist today and stretches them to logical and chilling conclusions in a beautifully woven and poetic story.
3. kate spade day planner: who doesn’t love all things kate spade? today i ordered a new agenda for next year… yes, i realize i could have waited, but i just was so in love with this one i didn’t want to risk an “out of stock” situation.
4. the circle, by dave eggers: i just finished this book and i really enjoyed it! eggers tackles the modern problem of the incessant need to be in constant communication, where privacy is theft and life is documented in zings (aka tweets)… for someone who loves social media as much as i do, i found this book to be incredibly thought provoking.
5. one truffle clarity pouch: it is funny how something so simple, like a clear zippered pouch, can make my life less complicated. i always know that i have my sunglasses, lipstick and all my iphone chargers in one secure spot inside my handbag. since i started carrying one i never have that hopeless dive into the bottom of my bag, and when i change bags the pouch makes it easy to remember my essentials–love love!
6. the starbucks red cups: i am sure that i am not the only one who gets super excited about the starbucks red cups. hello holidays and my favorite coffee drink–a nonfat sugar-free peppermint skim misto!
7. an effortless fall hat: i absolutely love this hat from club monaco–gives off an effortless downtown chic vibe.
8. sugar paper la holiday gift tags: this darling brand out of los angeles makes the most beautifully designed paper goods. i am definitely ordering these adorable tags for my holiday gifts–pair them with striped or polka dotted wrapping paper for a super chic gift!
9. a sheepskin winter clog: i love these ugg boots because they are super warm, comfy and still add a little height. i got them this summer, but recently broke them out over the weekend and i am in love. i walked all over the city and they were as comfortable as any of my flat boots.
10. kinfolk cookbook for small gatherings: there is nothing i love more than hosting small gatherings… it is kind of our thing. we love having people over to sit at our dining room table and chat for hours on end… typically over many bottles of wine, lots of tapas and some treats (the kids love it too!). i am sure the recipes are fantastic, but the design of the book is what will really make you fall in love. i hope someone gets this book for me for christmas–hint hint!
11. tata harper aromatherapy: i recently started using these products and instantly fell in love with the anti-stress rollerball. the tagline is reduce stress and become centered to find relaxing sleep… yes please?! i wonder if i can overdo the rollerball application…hmmm?
12. warby parker reading glasses: my vision seems to be failing me these days… not sure if it is that i am getting older (gasp!) or that i spend most of my time in front of a brightly lit monitor. i had to get some new glasses and in my opinion there is only one option these days–warby parker. genius brand + genius product